Learn the Top 6 Skills Needed to Become a Demanded Facebook Ads Specialist in 2021
- Today almost every company needs a specialist in setting up targeted advertising. Since more than 65 million businesses already use advertising on Facebook, this profession remains one of the most demanded in 2021.
- The main task of the targeting specialist is to understand the goal and the path to it from point A to point B, analyze the audience, understand its pains, and how they can solve them with the product a company promotes.
- As a Facebook ads manager, your main responsibilities will be to create, monitor, and optimize ad campaigns using Facebook Pixel and Business Manager tools.
- In order to become a targeting specialist, you don’t need to study for 5 years at the university or completely change your qualifications – you should master 6 crucial skills to run successful marketing campaigns.
Table of Content
- What does a Facebook Ads Expert Do?
- Top 6 Skills You Need to Become a Facebook Ads Expert
- How to Use Facebook Business Manager?
- How to Do I Get a Facebook Pixel?
- 10 Steps to Become a Highly-Paid Facebook Ads Expert in 2021
- Final Thoughts
What does a Facebook Ads Expert Do?
The Facebook Ads expert’s primary responsibility is to create, monitor, and optimize the Facebook and Instagram marketing campaigns.
As a manager, you can work in a digital marketing agency for a single brand or take on different projects working as a freelancer. Below are the essential tasks that a Facebook Ads manager has:
- Planning marketing campaign on Facebook and Instagram
- Creating copies and designs for ads
- Monitoring the campaign performance and making optimizations when needed
- Installing Facebook pixel to the website
- Working with marketing department for optimizing landing pages
- Staying up-to-date with the updates and changes in Facebook Advertising.
Top 6 Skills You Need to Become a Facebook Ads Expert
Becoming a Facebook Ads specialist is not as difficult as it may sound! This profession will help you discover the best marketing opportunities on the largest social media in the world. So, learning Facebook advertising is an excellent investment in your future career.
Now, we want you to take a look at the primary skills you will need to become a specialist in this field:
- Maintaining interpersonal relationships with clients and customers
Advertising is first of all working with people. That’s why it’s crucial to learn how to communicate with your clients and potential customers who see your ads. You will have to connect people through various social media channels to find the target audiences for your clients. The top job responsibility for Facebook marketers is bringing people together, so mastering communication skills is very important.
Creating a business page or a group on Facebook for your services can help you with this task. Post relevant content regularly and answer the comments and questions to maintain regular interaction with your subscribers.
- Preparing creatives and other advertising materials
To create an effective ad campaign, you need to prepare advertising material, such as text, images, videos, etc., for targeting different audiences.
So, copywriting is a must-have skill for any marketing job, including Facebook advertising. One of your responsibilities will be preparing posts and responding to queries. For this, you will need to develop strong writing skills.
For example, when creating an interesting Facebook advertising-related copy, you should consider your audience’s features and make a post that will catch their attention.
Choosing the right image and video for your ads significantly impacts your marketing campaign in general. Most of the users on the Internet are inspired by visual aesthetics, so high-quality visual content will attract people to watch your ads and finally take action!
- Unleashing your creativity
Rule #1 – the more creative a specialist is, the more attention their ad campaigns receive. Your work as a Facebook ads manager will depend on creating engaging content for your target customers. So, good creativity and a sense of humour are essential for running ads on social media platforms. Below are five tips you can use to stand out from the crowd when creating a campaign.
- Don’t stick to the rules – try to use different formats if you’re sure it will engage the viewers;
- Use effects for design and sound in your ads;
- Find the balance between time and information;
- Strive to grab every second of your ad to attract the audience;
- Create a design according to the platform.
- Know the basics of Facebook advertising
To run a successful campaign, it’s not enough to just write a good copy and post it. More than 65 million businesses already use Facebook paid advertising to promote their services. Each of them uses different tools and systems to optimize ads. So, it’s important to learn how to use Facebook targeting tools as it’s a critical factor in successful advertising on this platform.
- Develop analytical skills
You need to know whether your campaign on Facebook has achieved results. For this, you will do some analysis.
Strong analytical skills can help you track and interpret the collected information. For example, you can use Facebook Audience Insight to analyze this data.
- Learn about SEO instructions
It’s essential to know how Search Engine Optimization works because it can significantly improve the possibility of ensuring that your target audiences see your Facebook posts.
By understanding its basics, you’ll know what kind of content to publish, the keywords to use, the best tags, and other strategies to promote your content to a larger audience.
How to Use Facebook Business Manager?
According to Facebook, “Business Manager serves as a one-stop shop to manage business tools, business assets and employee access to these assets.” Here are some of its key benefits:
- You don’t have to worry about posting ads in the wrong place – Business Manager keeps your work and personal profiles separate.
- Here you can track all of your ad campaigns and analyze their performance.
- You can give access to your page and ads quickly and safely.
- It doesn’t show your personal information to your coworkers except for your name, business email, ad accounts and pages.
Now you probably wonder how you can set up a Business Manager. So, here is a quick guide on how to use it:
Create your Business Manager account
To create an account, go to the Facebook Business Manager page and click on the “Create Account” button.
Next, enter your basic information, such as your name and business email. Then, click on “Next.”
After this, add more information about your business that Facebook will require and submit.
After some time, you will receive an email. Click “Confirm” in that email, and that’s it! You have a Facebook Business Manager account.
Link your Facebook Page
The next step is to link your Business Manager account with all the Facebook and Instagram Pages – click on the “Add Page” button.
You will need to enter the name of your page or URL. If you’re an admin, Facebook will automatically approve the link request.
For agencies, it can require sending a request to your clients. In the Business Settings, find “Pages” and click on the “Add.” Next, select “Request Access to a Page” and choose the one you need access to.
Now you can keep track of all your ads, and their performance metrics in one place, such as Facebook reach and clicks/action.
Link your ad account
You will need to link the ad account you’re managing to run campaigns with Facebook Business Manager.
Click on “Add Ad Account” to link your existing account and then enter your account ID. If you don’t have one yet, you also have the option to create a new ad account.
Add users to your Business Manager account
You can add people to your Business Manager account in Setting. Find the section “People’ and click “Add.”
Next, enter their email addresses, and you will be able to assign them a business role. You can give them admin access or limit them to employee access.
How to Do I Get a Facebook Pixel?
Facebook pixel helps Facebook ads specialists conduct a fundamental website analysis to obtain important information about the target audiences.
It helps you remarket towards users who have visited pages of your website. For example, you can show related ads only to those who have viewed the specific web page.
Its features allow you to access users’ never-before-seen demographic information such as age, gender, location, interest, and behaviours.
You can create a Pixel by following this quick instruction:
- Go to “Events Manager” in your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- Click the “Connect Data Sources” button and select “Web.”
- Choose “Facebook Pixel” and click the “Connect” button.
- Enter the name of your pixel.
- Add your web page URL to check for setup options.
- Click “Continue.”
The Facebook Pixel offers essential information to optimize Facebook ads and improve targeting. It also helps make sure your ads are seen by people who are most likely to take action.
With pixel, you can track conversions from Facebook ads, including website behaviour and cross-device activity.
Moreover, you can create up to 100 pixels in your Business Manager account if you have several websites with different audiences.
10 Steps to Become a Highly-Paid Facebook Ads Expert in 2021
1. Master the necessary Facebook Ads skills and get certified
Some of the key skills you will need to learn include:
- Creating a winning ad strategy
- Understanding the types of ad formats and how to use them for different campaigns
- Finding the best audience for ad campaigns
- Designing ad creatives to attract users’ attention
- Creating engaging content to increase your reach
- Setting up a catalogue
You can start learning Facebook marketing through online Facebook courses. With its help, you will have all the topics you need to know collected together in one place. As a result, you won’t have to worry about finding what you should study next.
The best way to master this profession is to get certified after completing the course. With a good education, you will learn all the important topics needed for work in this sphere. Such courses cover everything you need to go from beginner to expert in Facebook marketing. So, you will not have to worry about finding additional information.
2. Learn the basics of Facebook Business Manager
You should know how to use a Facebook Business Manager.
Facebook Business Manager is the platform for managing your Facebook ad campaigns and pages. Here you can add several ad accounts for an organized way to track ads for various audiences.
The Ads Manager tool is what you will need for designing your ads and creating campaigns.
As for Facebook marketers, Business Manager offers the following values:
- Adding business pages and optimizing them for better reach
- Controlling user access for different parties
- Adding team members for collaboration
- Creating and managing your Facebook pixels
- Calculating important performance metrics
- Creating a content plan
- Setting up a catalogue for Facebook Shop
- Communication with users through messengers
3. Understanding the process of Facebook sales funnels
Sales funnels play a key role in Facebook advertising. For specialists, it’s necessary to guide users through the purchasing journey. For this, the funnel is needed.
They divide users into different stages based on their current relationship with your brand. These three stages are:
Acquisition – finding new audiences to target with your campaigns.
Retargeting – marketing to people who have moved through the acquisition stage but still haven’t purchased your product or service.
Retention – using Facebook ads to target existing customers.
To become a Facebook ads expert, you should learn how to design and work with these marketing stages, promoting the appropriate content.
4. Configure events and custom conversions on Facebook
The Facebook pixel already tracks some important actions users take on your website. Still, you will need to track the rest using custom configuration.
Here are some of the events you can select:
- Add payment info
- Add to cart
- Add to wishlist
- Complete registration
- Initiate checkout
- View content
If you want to track another event, use the following instruction:
- Go to Manage Business > Events Manager.
- Find your pixel and select “Custom Conversion.”
- Click “Create a Custom Conversion.”
- Enter a name and select a data source.
- Next, you should select the conversion event you need. It can be any of the standard events or a custom event.
Make sure you set up conversions and events properly to track the results of your ad campaign accurately.
5. Learn about custom and lookalike audiences
On Facebook, you can target people based on location, age, interests, gender, and more. However, the platform offers you the opportunity to target your audience in more detail. For this, you will need to learn about custom and lookalike audiences.
- Lookalike audiences
With lookalike audiences, you can market to a large base of users similar to your target audience. You can create it by uploading a source audience.
Facebook scans the users’ characteristics in the source audience to find other users with similar characteristics and adds them to your lookalike audience.
- Custom audiences
Custom audiences give you the ability to create a list of people to target with your ads. You can use different data sources to create it, such as:
Customer list – for example, a list of email addresses for previous customers.
Website visitors – all website visitors or particular segments of your visitors.
Engagement – anyone who engages with your business on Facebook.
6. Learn the various ad placements and Facebook Ad types
Facebook offers different types of ads available on the platform. As a specialist, you will need to learn about various ad placements and define which ones will work best for your campaign.
When creating an ad campaign, you have Facebook select placements for you by selecting Automated Placements.
While creating an ad campaign, you will have Facebook select placements with “Automated Placements.” Still, you can select other ones by clicking on “Edit Placements” to enable or disable the platforms:
- Audience Network
- Facebook News Feed
- Instagram Feed
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Right Column
- Messenger Inbox
You will also need to understand the different Facebook ad formats, and here are some of the most popular types to use:
Image ads – the most popular format of Facebook ad with an image, headline, description, link, and call to action button.
Video ads – a great way to showcase your product or service using a short-form video.
Carousel ads – allow you to show up to 10 images or videos in the same ad.
Slideshow ads – the video-like ads with sound, motion, and text to connect with the target audience.
Collection ads – the ads designed specifically for mobile users that contain a cover image (or video) followed by multiple products.
Dynamic product ads – ads for remarketing to people who have visited products on your e-commerce website.
7. Learn the basics of graphic design tools
As a Facebook Ads expert, you will need to learn how to use graphic design tools.
Visuals are the fundament of Facebook Ads as every ad format needs to have an image or video.
These tools allow you to quickly create engaging ad creatives. Even if you’re not a graphic designer, it’s really easy to use.
There are different graphic design software options that are easy to learn. We recommend:
8. Learn how to analyze competitors
It’s a useful way of improving your Facebook campaigns. You can create ads that stand out by learning what competitors are doing.
The Facebook Ad Library is a database of all the ads running across the Facebook platform.
You can use it to see exactly what ads a competitor is running. This data includes ad placements, links, copies, images, the dates when the campaign started.
Also, the tool SEMRush can help you spy on your competitors further.
These tools help to analyze where competitor traffic comes from, how much engagement their profiles get, what budget they set for different channels, and more.
9. Get to know the Facebook Ads Reporting
The Facebook Ads reports provide you with all the information you need to track the performance of your campaigns.
As a Facebook Advertising specialist, you will need to know how to analyze the data to examine the success of your campaigns and where you need to make changes.
You can customize the ad reports and include the metrics that are most valuable for your business.
Below are some of the essential metrics to track in your reports:
- Click-through rate
- Link clicks
- Amount spent
After you create a report, you can export the data to use outside of Facebook.
10. Stay up-to-date with changes on Facebook
It’s vital to stay up-to-date with the latest changes on this platform and digital marketing as a whole to be familiar with current best practices and create successful campaigns.
For example, the Facebook for Business Newsletter is a great tool to learn about the latest changes in the world of Facebook advertising. After subscribing, you will regularly receive updates to your mailbox.
Also, another good way to stay informed is to follow trustworthy websites related to Facebook Ads. They post content regularly and are great for expanding your knowledge of Facebook marketing.
In this article, we’ve covered the key skills and tools to help you become a high-paid Facebook ads specialist in 2021.
A social media advertising specialist is like an accountant and a psychologist in one. They should understand the needs of different groups of people and at the same time be able to work with numbers. To create quality ads, you need to learn to:
- analyze the target audience using parameters like gender, age, education, geolocation, hobbies, queries, etc.
- come up with a catchy headline and a vivid description of the ad;
- create visual content;
- work with Facebook pixel
- work with Facebook Ads Manager
- track ineffective and successful advertisements;
- optimize advertising campaign settings;
- plan a budget;
- keep records.
We hope this article was useful to you. Keep learning and stay in touch with us!